Saturday, November 27, 2010

Keep Giving Thanks ... For Your Health

I always knew it was good for my mental health to count my blessings regularly. 

Especially with a chronic illness, it's way too easy to focus on painful joints, all the things I'm not able to do anymore, the medical bills, etc. So although I believe there is real value in venting occasionally, sometimes it takes a conscious effort to remember and focus on all the things in my life that are good. And there really are a lot of them! 

So I was tickled when I found a Wall Street Journal article that suggests that people who are grateful actually live longer, have more energy and are healthier.

So apparently things like the power of positive thinking and doing gratitude lists really can work. Maybe? At least it's something that's (partly) under our control.     

1 comment:

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

I grateful you gave me the link!!! Hey, I feel like my life just extended a tad bit more! :)