Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Post Is A Post Is A Post, Right?

At least when it comes to NaBloPoMo!

The germies have caught up to me. I have apparently succumbed to a cold that Ellie has been working on for about a week now. 

Somehow, in my essentially healthy 5-year-old at least, being sick barely slows her down. But when I catch her bugs, I feel like I've been hit by a Mack truck. (And I can say that because I once was -- albeit while driving a car, many, many years ago, which is why I survived. :-)

It's not a big deal, except that I'm feeling more miserable than normal and utterly exhausted. I'm hoping to improve after a quiet couple days so I can accompany Scott & Ellie to see a Winterhawks hockey game on Sunday evening. Scott's employer occasionally rewards a work team by offering its skybox. Last year (or maybe it was last spring?), Scott & Ellie spent a Tuesday evening in the skybox for a TrailBlazers basketball game, and Ellie expressed interest in seeing a hockey game sometime and showed more interest in the basketball game than we'd expected. (Although I think I found out a big part of the draw -- when Scott told her about the hockey game tonight at dinner, she started telling me about the awesome potato chips that were stocked in the skybox. "We should get them at home sometime!!!" she said excitedly. I told her chips are special occasion foods, and going to a Rose Garden skybox definitely qualifies as a special occasion. :-)

Hope y'all have a good weekend. As for me, I'll be curled up with a good book, a quilt and lots of liquids to try to flush this bug out of me.

2 comments:

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

There is definitely something going around everywhere - hope you feel better soon!

Aviva said...

Tis the season, I suspect. :-)

But thank you!I hope you're managing to stave off the nasty bugs!