Wednesday, June 25, 2008

So Much For That!

Well, my immunologist sent me home without the allergy testing today.

That cold bug I mentioned? I knew I had a cough and some phlegm, but apparently my lungs are worse than I'd realized. When I was there a week ago, my lung function test said I was at 102 percent of normal (which isn't even my best). Today, I was at 72 percent of normal.

They gave me a nebulizer treatment and my lung function improved to 92 percent of normal, but Dr. DeMerell said my lungs were still wheezy and he didn't want to risk a serious reaction to the allergy test when my lungs were already compromised.

Sigh.

So I'm officially back on 20 mg of Prednisone a day for the next week, and he put me back on Advair 500/50. (Three weeks ago, he didn't think I needed that strong of a dose and lowered me to the 250/50 dose. He also questioned repeatedly if I really had asthma and had been diagnosed by a doctor. Today, he stopped questioning that.)

Assuming my lungs are in better shape next week, I'll go back to his office next Wednesday for the vaccine allergy testing again.




1 comment:

SharonMV said...

Sorry you went in & then couldn't have your test. But at least you got treated for the lung problem. I'm having another sinus infection/bronchitis thing again. Hope you feel better soon.

Sharon