Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What a Waste!

I had a dental appointment scheduled for today at 11:10 a.m., which is a tough time of day for me.

So when my alarm went off at 9:45 a.m., one of the first things I did was take one of my carefully hoarded Provigils to give me the energy boost I needed to get through the day.

So then I'm getting dressed, going back and forth between the bathroom and the bedroom, when I notice the blinking light on the phone and decide to check the voicemail that was left while I was sleeping. (I heard the phone ring, but ignored it.)

Turns out, the dental hygienist who was supposed to clean my teeth today didn't come in to work -- I assume she called in sick -- so they were calling to reschedule me. After bad childhood experiences with the dentist, I'm always perfectly happy to postpone the inevitable and reschedule my appointments.

But oh, why didn't I check voicemail before I wasted a Provigil on a day when I don't really need one???!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

assume she called in sick -- so they were calling to reschedule me. After bad childhood experiences with the dentist