Friday, November 14, 2008

Just What I Needed ...

I was diagnosed with migraine headaches by Dr. Diamond of the Diamond Headache Clinic in Chicago circa 1979/80 when I was 12.

They were bad enough then that I missed weeks of school and had tutors come to the house to help me keep up with my classes. Eventually I was able to get back to school, but I had migraines on and off for many years but they eventually tapered off.

I haven't had a migraine in more than a decade, and thought they were gone forever.

Surprise!

Yup. Woke up this morning with a killer headache that got worse with even the slightest movement of my eyes. My vision was off. It had to happen on a rare sunny November day, of course, and I was very light sensitive.

Just what I needed ... another health issue popping up. My internist called in a prescription since the last time I filled a prescription for a migraine pain-killer was sometime around 1996. But of course I couldn't drive to get it and this evening was complicated. So hopefully my husband will find time to get it for me tomorrow ... the earlier the better.


No comments: