Sunday, November 9, 2008

Reflecting On A Quiet Weekend

I really love the convenience of my laptop, which I've used almost exclusively since I got it a few months ago. I don't think there's any way I'd be able to keep up with my NaBloPoMo pledge of posting daily without being able to do so from bed and my recliner. It's definitely a blessing.

We had a very quiet weekend, which was nice in many ways even if Ellie did get more television watching than she should have. Scott took her to gymnastics on Saturday, and I was back asleep in bed by the time they got home. I finally dragged myself out of bed and downstairs around 4 p.m. Saturday, having only been awake for about an hour that morning. I felt like I could have happily stayed in bed and sleeping for the rest of the day, but I was afraid I'd wake up at 10 p.m. and be wide awake all night if I kept sleeping.

Today, we all stayed in our jammies all day. Actually, I guess that's not true. The adults stayed in jammies all day. Ellie put on her Tinkerbell dress in the morning, and actually consented to take an afternoon nap if Daddy would agree not to change clothes, so he did. I swear, sometimes I think she must siphon off all my energy while I'm sleeping or something. I'd give anything to get just 10 percent of her energy.

Hope y'all had a good weekend!

No comments: