Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Engage With Grace

I've been seeing this web address around -- EngageWithGrace.org -- and didn't know what it was about.

Today, I visited the site after coming across a link yet again, this time on CarePages.

The top-level page was sort of confusing, so I decided to click on the video. Which I almost didn't watch when I saw it was an entire 10 minutes.


Engage with Grace from Health 2.0 on Vimeo.

I'm glad I did. I cried through it, since it wasn't hard for me to identify with since Ellie was about the same age as Za's daughter when I got sick -- thankfully not as seriously ill as Za -- and I remember how difficult it was for Ellie when her whole life changed due to my illness.

I encourage you, if you haven't already, to watch the video, answer the five questions, and share the questions with your loved ones. Talk about them, because no matter how healthy you are today, you never know when your health will leave you and when you'll be facing the end of your life. Or when someone you love will be stricken with a catastrophic illness or accident.

It was around the time of the Terri Schiavo tragedy that Scott and I wrote living wills and healthcare powers of attorney for each other. I hope it's many, many years before we need them, but they're signed and witnessed and filed away in our study along side our regular wills. (I should probably put a copy in our safe deposit box too ... I guess that's something to put on my New Year's Resolutions list.)






No comments: