Monday, March 23, 2009

My Big, Beautiful Brain




Well, ok, I don't know that it's all that big or that beautiful, but I've been enjoying looking at the MRI photos from today's scan.

They actually had me a DVD with both today's MRI and the brain MRI I had in October 2007. The 2007 one did not have contrast, but today's did.

Unfortunately, although I have the photos, I don't have an interpretation of them. I assume my internist will get a copy of the radiologist's report in a week or so. And I have an appointment with a neurologist on April 20, where I'll get her opinion of them as well. (I know from experience that sometimes the doctors interpret the photos differently than the radiologists. My neurosurgeon says I definitely have a tethered spinal cord, but the radiologists on the two spine MRIs I've had split on whether I do or not.)

The photo at the top of the blog is unenhanced (i.e. no contrast). The following photos have contrast and are different views.

I of course don't really know what I'm looking at. I've found some photos of MS plaques/lesions on the internet, and I don't have anything that looks clearly like what those are. But I don't know for sure that I don't have any either.

I'll let you know what I hear, when I hear it.







1 comment:

Alone Time Pleasures said...

Aren't they fun to look at? I had a really cool pic form the first MRI where I had my eyes open.

You will go crazy trying to read them yourself. I know I did. The ones on my spine are a lot easier to see, I still can't find all the ones on my brain the Dr and radiologist were talking about.