Friday, January 8, 2010

Good Reminder: Things Can Always Get Worse

Sigh. Consider yourself warned: This will probably be a whiny post. If whiny posts irritate you, move onto another blog and don't read this.

I'm fully aware of the maxim that things can always get worse so I don't know why I'm surprised when it comes true. (And truthfully, I know they could be much worse than they are right now, so hopefully the universe won't decide it needs to show me exactly how much.)

So, yesterday, my OB tells me the ER doc was overly optimistic and that it's normal for a ruptured ovarian cyst to cause intense pain for four to five days. So now I have an appointment with her for Monday. 



I spent last night sleeping sitting up, because apparently a ruptured cyst can cause killer heartburn. 


And when I woke up this morning (well, barely morning, since it was 11:30 a.m), my hands were swollen and I found that I cannot make a fist. Who knew that was as problematic as I'm discovering it can be? Can't slice my bagel. Actually, not very good with a butter knife either. I told Scott that if this lasts, it may turn out to be a good diet system ...





 

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh no! It sounds like there might be more going on than the cyst, maybe? I just know your health is not historically clear cut and symptoms are unrelated, etc. I hope you can get rest this weekend and have a helpful appointment on Monday. If this post was whiny, my blog is a winery! Remember, it's your blog, post what you want.

Herrad said...

Hi Aviva,
Hope you manage to get some rest this weekend and your moday appointment is useful.
Keep warm.
Love,
Herrad

embroidery thread said...

i am sorry to hear that .i suggest you come to hospital for further cure,since it seems that the cyst won't cure itself ,you have to consult the doctor.i wish everything will be ok then.god bless you.

James Kildare said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alena said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.