Tuesday, October 23, 2007

What Kind of Blogger Am I? It's Certainly A Question Worth Pondering

I was checking out a blog I'd seen mentioned on a blog I like, which led me to yet another blog in what seemed like a neverending stream. Finally, I got to the source of what looked like a fun quiz to determine what type of blogger I am.

Coincidentally, or so I wondered, the stream of blogs that led me to the source of the quiz had all earned the title of "Pundit Blogger -- Your blog is smart, insightful, and always a quality read. Truly appreciated by many, surpassed by only a few."

You'd think that would be an honor, right? And as such a novice blogger, I certainly didn't expect to reach that high summit of bloggers.

But I did. Who knew? (Although with only a handful of posts under my belt, I'm fairly confident that I am not yet "appreciated by many." But who knows, maybe fame and fortune as a blogger -- is there such a thing? -- is in my future!)

After 15 years in the news biz, I'm enough of a cynic that I was suspicious that it didn't matter what I answered on the quiz -- that everyone got the same result.

I tested it by taking it again and answering with what I thought were the most obnoxious possible responses. And you know what? It did come up different. So much for my nose for a fraud. :)

Anyway, if you like taking fun, frivolous quizzes about a wide variety of topics -- including what kind of blogger you are -- check out http://www.blogthings.com/. You can find out everything from what kind of kisser you are to whether you fight fair to what kind of breakfast you are. (I'm not sure I really understand the last one ... )

No comments: