Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Downward Slope

Well, I fear that it was more of a fluke than a new trend, this feeling better thing.

Monday was a pretty great day, and when Tuesday wasn't as good, I thought maybe it was because I overdid things on Monday. But I was very careful not to do so on Tuesday, and today was even worse than yesterday with increasing fatigue and joint pain.

I'm a bit bummed.

On the other hand, perhaps this is the road to recovery, with improvements followed by some backsliding followed by yet more improvement. I hope that's what it is.

I guess since this illness hit me virtually overnight, I keep thinking that it will leave the same way it started. But I suspect that's wishful thinking. I don't think that's really the way chronic illnesses work.


1 comment:

Joan said...

When Andy was little, he was sick a lot. His progress as a child basically went like this:

two steps forward, one step back.

Sound familiar?

Hang in there!