Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Crossing the NaBloPoMo & #NHBPM Finish Line

Whew -- it's finally Nov. 30 and I am grateful to have made it to the end of NaBloPoMo without missing a single day of blogging. Most days, I seemed to barely get my post done before the day ended. (I always did like to work under deadline pressure!)

I'm grateful to everyone who read my blog each day, and those took the time to comment here or send me email about it. 

It's not exactly a new lesson, but NaBloPoMo 2011 confirmed for me yet again that I can't handle daily blogging. My email inbox has over a thousand unread emails collected over the past month, and probably nearly as many emails that need(ed) some sort of response or action. I've mostly disappeared from Facebook. 

On the other hand, I think NaBloPoMo reminded me that I like to blog, and the longer I go between posts, the harder it is to get back to blogging. Doing more blogging keeps me looking for inspiration for topics. I got an email yesterday with the topic for next week's edition of Patients For A Moment, and instead of telling myself I should think about trying to pick up the challenge of it, I just did it. And that felt good. :)

So once again I end NaBloPomo relieved I managed to finish out the month with a post a day and inspired to try to be a better blogger. (But not inspired to be a daily blogger! Oh no! :)

Anyway, thanks to all of you who have been through this with me!

 

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Great job completing NaBloPoMo! I agree that it's a great reminder of how much I enjoy blogging, but daily blogging is definitely not my thing either. I did the same thing with the PFAM call for submissions... I didn't quite complete my post for it, but I got a lot of it done (such relief). :)