Friday, November 20, 2009

Over-Busy Day

Naps are my best friend.

I don't know how I'd have gotten through Thursday without naps.

Ellie's preschool was closed for parent-teacher conferences. So it seemed like perfect timing to schedule her "assessment" at one of the schools we're applying to for kindergarten next year. (She did great, as far as we can tell.)

So that meant getting up and being ready to leave the house at 9 a.m. Can I just say I don't do 9 a.m. any more? But I did, and filled out odd questionnaires while we waited for Ellie to be done. (They asked about problems during my pregnancy. Does that really matter nearly five years after Ellie's birth?)

Thank goodness Scott was there to do the driving. 

Got home at 11:30 a.m. and went straight to bed, asking Scott to wake me in two hours so we'd be on time for our appointment with Ellie's teacher at 2 p.m.

Boy did I not want to get up at 1:30 p.m. But then, I hadn't wanted to wake up at 8 a.m. either. 

So, off we went to the preschool. Socialized a bit, bought some books at a Scholastic Book fund raiser, and got home at 3 p.m., just in time to collapse again. 

If I'm lucky, I have just enough time to recover in time to attend some open houses Sunday for other prospective schools for Ellie. 

And the cycle begins again. 


 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! I think just going through the application process and all of the self consciousness one would go through would be enough for one day! Any school would be lucky to have Ellie and her mommy, too!