Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thank Goodness for Gadgets

Gadgets make life easier for everyone, but especially so for folks with chronic illnesses. 

Getting a laptop made a huge difference in my life, making it possible for me to be online and in touch with friends and family more frequently than I could handle sitting at my desk and using my desktop computer. The laptop really helped lessen my feelings of isolation in the early days of my mystery illness.

My newest gadget is a headset for my phones. I know it's not new technology or anything, but I'm hoping it will make it easier for me to stay in touch with people via phone the way having a laptop made it possible to keep up with email. (Except, of course, that I'm not anywhere near caught up on my email ... but that's another issue.)


There have been too many times when it just hurt too much to hold the phone, and I'm hoping that the headset will take care of that problem for me. Of course, it won't take care of the fact that talking itself tires me out, but until I learn to be telepathic, I'm not sure how to get around that issue.


So what gadgets make your life easier?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Definitely my laptop and smartphone. I should say laptops (both work and personal). My smartphone allows me to go through my work email at a steady pace and helps me plan for my day.