Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Best-laid Plans

I was so proud of myself for good scheduling this week. It helped in some ways that my acupuncturist wasn't available, so I only needed to manage my Thursday class on Living Well with Chronic Illness and my Tuesday appointment with the rheumatologist.

And on the day in between, today, I planned to take it easy and get plenty of rest.

Well, that was the plan.

My 3-year-old daughter woke up with one of her eyes so swollen and gooky that she couldn't open it up. So no daycare for her, no work for my husband, not nearly enough rest for me.

We made the necessary trip to the pediatrician and confirmed that I could give her the same drops she was on a couple years ago. (The bottle says it doesn't expire until 10/2008!) Coincidentally, it's the exact same prescription, but a smaller bottle, that our cat got when she was having eye issues awhile back. :)

So Ellie goes back to daycare tomorrow. My husband goes back to work. But me? I'm not at all sure I'll be making my class. I'm having a pretty bad day, and if tomorrow morning is like this, I'm probably going to just skip this week.

But I hate to miss one of only six classes.

***
P.S. Anyone know a good (i.e. cheap) resource for buying urine protein test dipsticks? The rheumatologist wants me to track that in case it turns out to be lupus, even though I think at this point all of us think it will turn out to be a rare case of chronic parvo.

No comments: