Monday, January 28, 2008

A Snow Day

I remember the pure joy of a snow day when I was a kid, lying in bed and listening to the radio read off the school closings and hoping and praying that mine would be included.

Well, that's essentially what we had here, although most of Portland didn't see as much snow as we did on our hill.

So that means I've had one day in the past six (including today) that Scott & Ellie were off at work and school.

It totally messes with my sleep schedule as well as my regular schedule. Focus is not something that comes easy to me lately, and it doesn't take much to distract me from the tasks I've planned to do on a day. And my husband and daughter definitely qualify as big, huge distractions. (And I love them for it. But I really wanted a day of quiet and rest before my weekly appointments begin on Tuesday.)


No comments: