Monday, January 21, 2008

Nothing To See Here, Folks! Just Move It Right Along!

I don't really have anything to say, except that I'm here and still recovering from Ellie's bday party. I think overall it was a success, but I'm definitely going way smaller next year ... maybe even small enough that she only gets one child for each year she is old. That sounds nice. Although I'm told it's not until age 5 or so that people don't expect to stay with their kid the whole time but just drop 'em and leave.

I have my followup with the rheumatologist tomorrow (Jan. 22). I'm trying to decide whether I can say if I'm noticing any improvement. In a lot of ways, I don't notice any improvement, but I have definitely cut back some on painkillers, so I must be doing some better. Right? Whether that's the new medication, the acupuncture or the cycle of the moon, I sure have no clue on how to differentiate the cause of any improvement!

And to be honest, I'm very leery of admitting to any improvement because when people hear you're doing a little better, they so often don't understand that you've still got a long ways to go before you reach anybody's idea of being fully healed. It feels like such a small increment that it's almost misleading to acknowledge it publicly.

Am I the only one who feels that way?

Anyway, I look forward to finding out if I truly like this rheumatologist or if he just gives a good first impression. :) I'm expecting to find him as delightful as I found him the first time around.


No comments: