Monday, November 5, 2007

Over the Hump

So depending on which newspaper you read, the so-called "7-year itch" is now happening at just 3, 4 or 5 years into a marriage.

See this article for more information about the study or google "7-year itch" and find lots more articles.

Since Scott and I celebrated our 6-year wedding anniversary in September and are going on to 13 years (!) as a couple, I guess we're over the hump! We're also breaking the theory that says that second marriages are even more likely to end in divorce.

Just interesting theories. But it's nice to know that I don't have anything extra to worry about on that front next year. :)

I did choose our wedding date (9-2-01) in the hopes that getting married on what would have been my grandparents' 73rd wedding anniversary would bring us luck and encourage longevity in our marriage too.

No comments: